It’s summer, well, almost.
I’ve heard and seen some useful tips and some really stupid tips for keeping you and your skin healthy for the summer. Here are some, hopefully useful tips for you to incorporate into your routine.
- Protect your lips and every placeyour skin sees the sun. Don’t forget the back of your neck, the tops of your ears, hands, arms, feet. There is always that argument of what sunscreen to get and what level SPF you should be using. All I’ll say right now is you want a chemical free sun block. Don’t be fooled by an SPF. If you’re out in the sun all day you still need to reapply.
- Drink hot tea. It will help regulate your body temperature.
- Don’t take a cold shower, that’s nonsense. Although you don’t want to boil your body, you’ll get more mileage from a warm shower. The a warm sensation on the skin will lead to increased blood flow to the skin, helping to regulate your body’s temperature.
- Don’t scratch bug bites. Here’s an awesome way not to scratch. Vinegar! Vinegar will stop the itch immediately. It will heal the bite in a day or two. Also, that Zinc sunscreen that you chose in #1 will stop the bugs from biting. Oh!! And Shoot!! My newest find, CBD Oil, I put some on a bug bite last summer after my evening bath, it was gone in the morning, itch and all.
- Exfoliate your whole body, but be mindful and deliberate and sparring. Never exfoliate when you’re about to go into the sun. Exfoliating is something you do if you’ve been in the sun and now you want to recover. Recover does not include being burned. If you are burned you want to be kind to your skin using aloe products, shea butters, Olive Oil, Caster Oil products. Keep in mind, the less ingredients
the better. After two or three days if your’e peeling exfoliating is welcomed. If you’re looking to do some cool sounding DIY Body Scrub make sure you follow up with a nutrient body mask. Something with aloe products, shea butters, Olive Oil, Caster Oil, Hyaluronic Acid.
- Summer is not the time to address hyper-pigmentation. If you’re an outside person, you are fighting a loosing battle. I’ll see you after you go hiking, camping, rafting and beaching.
- If you are looking to fight acne, enjoy the sun everyday with protection, SPF 15 – 30 is your friend. Make sure you reapply if you’re going to be out all day.. You want to choose a zinc based block, chemical free.
- I would say wax, but you should have started waxing about 6 months ago. If you find a good waxer and you’ve been waxing for at least six months you should have little to no hair by now. Getting the good wax stops any ingrown hair, razor burns, that 5 o’clock shadow, but it does take some preparation. your hair needs to have about 2mm growth. If I haven’t seen you, lets get together, we’ll prepare for next year.
- Keep in mind the fake sun-kissed glow does not protect you from damaging your skin, be mindful of your protection.
- Eat, drink, be merry!
All in all, have fun this summer, don’t pay attention to those articles that have you doing the most. It’s summer have fun and don’t burn. After that, I’m here for you.